Employment Opportunity - Communications and Database Management Specialist
Posted : November 7 2017
End of posting : December 8 2017
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected]
Position: Communications and Database Management Specialist
Duration: January - December 2018 (possibility for renewal)
Hours: Full time (35 hours/week)
Salary: Salary will be determined according to the experience of the candidate and the criteria of the Organization
The Inter-American Organization for Higher Education (IOHE) is an international non-governmental and non-profit association that fosters collaboration between higher education institutions across the Americas. One of IOHE’s major objectives is the creation of common inter-American spaces for higher education with programming that combines training, seminars, conferences, university missions and, more broadly, support for the establishment of inter-institutional partnerships from a North-South and South-South perspective. IOHE is currently the only university organization with presence across the Americas and has over 350 member institutions.
IOHE is searching for a dynamic individual to complete its team and to fill a position that combines both communications and IT database management. Their mandate will involve the production of communications tools and the management of the Organization’s website, as well as providing internal support for the management of information technology tools, improving their performance and optimizing management reports.
Description of tasks:
Reporting to the Executive Director, the contractor is responsible for supporting IOHE’s communications activities as well as those of the Conference of the Americas on International Education (CAIE), as well as revising strategies for the management of database tools. The contractor will be called to:
- Update and maintain two Web-Sites (IOHE and CAIE), and insure uniformity of content between IOHE’s for official languages;
- Design, draft, translate, correct, verify, prepare and edit official documents such as: website content, newsletters, publications, press releases, articles, reports, corporate materials, etc.;
- Increase the visibility and promote IOHE and CAIE sharing a coherent corporate message that reflects the vision of both IOHE and CAIE;
- Stimulate and maintain social networks and enrich content.
- Administer projects to improve CRM and to optimize the use of internal data by programming effective data management tools;
- Contribute to the improving the Organization’s storage of information and the digital archiving of data.
Provide technical support for various internal IT tools (configuration and installation of computers, software, printers, corporate applications (Windows and Mac-based)
Manage the inventory of computer equipment, licenses, updates, and maintenance of IT tools.
Perform any other tasks of a similar nature or generally related to the job as requested by their superior or made necessary by their duties.
- Undergraduate university diploma in communications, IT management, informatics, or a related field;
- Three to five years of experience in similar functions including communications, IT development and management and / or web content integration;
- Proficient in :
- - English and/or French: advanced oral and written
- - Spanish : advanced oral and written
- - Portuguese: an asset.
- Strong abilities in drafting (reports, press releases, web content, etc.) and correction;
- Strong Web competency : WordPress, Google Drive, Google Analytics, MailChimp, Moodle, Adobe Connect, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Mastery of social networking tools : Hootsuite, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube;
- Excellent organizational abilities;
- Dynamism, creativity, initiative and professionalism;
- Aptitude for team-work;
- Capacity to take on multiple tasks at a time;
- Excellent management of priorities.