Employment opportunity - Executive Assistant to the Executive Director
Position: Executive Assistant to the Executive Director
Contract: Full time (35 hours/week)
Entry: Starting July 23, 2018
Salary: Salary will be determined according to the experience of the candidate and the criteria of the Organization
The Inter-American Organization for Higher Education (IOHE) is an international non-governmental and non-profit organization that fosters collaboration between higher education institutions across the Americas. One of IOHE’s major objectives is the creation of common inter-American spaces for higher education with programming that combines training, seminars, conferences, university missions and, more broadly, support for the establishment of inter-institutional partnerships from a North-South and South-South perspective. The IOHE also acts as the Secretariat of the Congress of the Americas on International Education (CAIE), which is held every two years. The IOHE is currently the only university organization with presence across the Americas and has over 300 member institutions.
IOHE is searching for a dynamic individual to complete its team and to fill the position of Executive Assistant to the Executive Director. Recognized for her/his excellent organizational skills, the candidate anticipates the needs of the direction and provides administrative support. It is through her/his ability to structure, communicate and enforce deadlines that she/he supports management in defining and implementing the strategies of the Organization.
Description of tasks:
Reporting to the Executive Director, the candidate is responsible for supporting the administrative activities of the IOHE secretariat, such as:
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director in all of his files (schedule management, coordination of various meeting requests and calls, preparation/filing of various documents, project monitoring, etc.);
- Prepare the various meetings of the bodies of the IOHE (Executive Committee, Board of Directors, General Assembly, etc.) and maintain links with the Regional Vice-Presidencies;
- Receive, process and forward requests and correspondence received by email or mail from members or internal stakeholders, and follow-up accordingly;
- Provide support to various activities of the work teams (logistical support, follow-up with members and reminders of important dates, etc.);
- Support the drafting, translation, and revision of various documents and texts in at least two of the organization’s languages (French and/or English + Spanish essential, Portuguese an asset);
- Coordinate activities related to the Congress of the Americas on International Education;
- Represent the Organization or the Executive Director during work missions when needed;
- Perform any other tasks of a similar nature or generally related to the job as requested by their superior or made necessary by their duties.
- University diploma, college-level diploma in administration or in related field;
- Knowledge of university environment (an asset) and administrative coordination;
- Proficient in :
- English and/or French: advanced oral and written
- Spanish : advanced oral and written
- Portuguese: an asset.
- Experience in supporting senior management;
- Ability to communicate and negotiate in an intercultural context, aptitude for team-work, initiative;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
Start date: July 23, 2018
Please send your CV and Cover Letter and the name of two references to [email protected] by June 22, 2018
Inter-American organization for higher education
3744, Jean-Brillant, Office 592