REGIONAL ASSEMBLY BRAZIL - IV SOCIAL CAMPUS
The Regional Assembly of the IOHE Membership in Brazil and the IV SOCIAL-CAMPUS Colloquium took place on September 29th and 30th, 2016, at the premises of the Universidade do Sul de Santa Catarina (UNISUL), Florianopolis.
During the meeting, authorities of the region have been designated for the 2016-2018 period. In this context, the new composition of authorities is as follows:
- Vice-President: Dr. Luis Carlos Cancellier de Olivo, President, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina (UFSC)
- Substitute Vice-President: Dr. Sebastião Salésio Herdt, President, UNISUL
* Dr. Benedito Guimarães Aguiar Neto, President, Universidade Presbiteriana Mackenzie (UPM)
* Dr. Waldemiro Gremski, President, Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Paraná (PUC Paraná)
* Dr. Sidney de Matos Mello, President, Universidade Federal Fluminense (UFF)
"Brazil is facing a key moment in its history and is currently thinking of redefining the parameters of governance within its higher education system, which seems to be an ideal opportunity for the IOHE to reconsider the manner in which it responds to the needs of HEIs in the country," said Dr. David Julien, Executive Director of the IOHE.
On the other hand, carrying out the IV Colloque SOCIAL CAMPUS, initiative of CAMPUS-IOHE Program, was possible thanks to the collaboration of the UFSC, Universidade Federal Fluminense (UFF), Associação Catarinense das Fundações Educacionais (Sistema ACAFE), and Instituto de Pesquisa e Estudos em Administração Universitária (INPEAU).
The event, held in the premises of the UNISUL, brought together over 100 participants coming from different countries. This edition was devoted to better know the Brazilian strategies, discuss them, and reflect on them through the good practices carried out in other regions of the Americas, and to ponder the question of social inclusion and student retention in the higher education sector.
The IOHE organizes annually hundreds of events such as colloquiums, seminars and courses. Please check the 2016 Plan of Activities to stay up-to-date with our agenda.